If you’ve made a New Year’s resolution to do (or update) your estate planning, we want to help you maintain your momentum.
Here are links and next-step ideas to help you move your estate planning into the “done” column.
1. If you have never done an estate plan, read:
- Why you should have a will
- Why every adult should have a POA
- Adults of every age should have advance health care directives
2. If you’re not sure whether to update your estate plan, read: 7 reasons to update your will or trust
3. If you have young children, read: Two must-have estate plan provisions for parents with minor children
4. If you’re considering the do-it-yourself approach, read: Consumer Reports: “Legal DIY sites no match for a pro”
5. If you want to make sure you have a great estate plan:
6. Make an appointment. If you know you are ready to do your estate planning and want to act now before procrastination sets in, call our office at (412) 531-7123 (but wait until Monday, January 4. We are enjoying New Year’s too.) We make it easy to schedule an appointment to speak with a certified elder law attorney about setting up the best plan for you and your family.
Happy New Year!