- Can I protect assets for my heirs?
- How can I avoid court and family disputes?
- How can I set up a trust?
- Is it true that “probate” costs a lot? Should I avoid probate?
- If I have no children or trustworthy people in my life, who can I appoint as my agent or executor?
- What is Medicaid Planning?
The #1 Problem in Powers of Attorney
In the many powers of attorney I see in my line of work, one problem recurs over and over again. And it’s costing families tens of thousands, and even hundreds of thousands, of dollars in asset protection. The number one problem is inadequate gifting provisions. If...
What is Power of Attorney (and Why Have One)?
If you need some clarity on what exactly a "durable power of attorney" is, and why it's important to have one, watch the short video below. Here I give you my thoughts on what can happen if you don't have power of attorney, and...
Who has capacity to make a will?
Fundamental to the validity of any last will and testament is that the testator (person whose will it is, and who is signing the documents) had capacity at the time of execution. By statute, a testator in Pennsylvania must be “of sound mind” to make a will. (20 Pa....