Is the plaintiff?
- a minor
- over age 65
- currently on Medicaid or SSI
- under guardianship
- now (or soon to be) in a nursing home
- unable to handle large sums of money?
Is there a government benefits lien to resolve, or a Medicare set-aside issue to address?
At Sykes Elder Law, we are uniquely qualified to meet all of your litigation settlement planning needs. We focus on estate planning, elder law and special needs trusts, but also possess years of experience as litigators. This means we understand the intricacies of litigation settlement as well as how to properly plan for future needs. We know what you are going through now and how to protect your interests years from now.
We can assist you with all of the following matters and more:
- Special needs trusts
- Settlement preservation trusts
- Trusts for minors
- Advising on lien resolution
- Medicare set-aside arrangements
- Establishing and administering qualified settlement funds
- Guardianships, including their establishment and approval of trusts and qualified settlement funds
- Opinion letters
- Trial court approval of trusts and qualified settlement funds
- Elder law planning for individuals over 65
- General estate planning
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you in one or more of these matters, depending on your particular needs.